FBCNS and the ISHCSF was proud to award prizes to the following investigators for best presentations at the 2022 Hydrocephalus conference, September 9-12, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Congratulations from the journal Editors to:
- 1st Prize – Hydrocephalus Society – Fabian Flürenbrock, PhD student, Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control, Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland. Title: VIESHUNT: TOWARDS A SMART SHUNT SYSTEM FOR HYDROCEPHALUS PATIENTS.
- 2nd Prize – FBCNS - Maria Garcia Bonilla, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Neurosurgery, Washington University in St Louis, MO, USA. Title: COMPARATIVE EFFECTS OF VENTRICULOPERITONEAL SHUNT AND ENDOSCOPIC THIRD VENTRICULOSTOMY WITH CHOROID PLEXUS CAUTERIZATION IN A PIG MODEL OF HYDROCEPHALUS.
- 3rd Prize – FBCNS – Ptolemy Banks, Research Affiliate, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK. Title: THE IMPACT OF TELESENSORS ON NEUROSURGICAL SERVICE DEMAND: A COHORT COST EFFECTIVENESS ANALYSIS FROM INSTITUTIONAL AND PATIENT PERSPECTIVES
- 4th Prize – FBCNS – Jenny Larsson, PhD-student, Department of Clinical Sciences, Neurosciences Institute, Umeå University, Sweden. Title: IN THE OLDER POPULATION, LARGE VENTRICULAR VOLUME IS A COMMON FEATURE AND OFTEN ASSOCIATED WITH AN INPH RESEMBLING GAIT.
- 5th Prize – Hydrocephalus Society - Lucia Darie, Clinical Fellow, Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, University College London , UK. Title: SLEEP STAGES VARIATION IN INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE AND PULSE AMPLITUDE